Saturday, May 10, 2014


Seniors Graduation Photo Day

Although the seniors still must write their finals and a huge province-wide teacher placement exam, then complete a month of teacher training in a primary school, Photo Day was as fun as graduation.
Fortunately I arrived in my Tibetan chuba (dress), and was seated with 200 Language Majors and their teachers in front of the tall steps to our activity centre. (That photo was formal, so didn't get a shot with my camera). Then we stood around laughing and taking photos (of course I had to include a selfie). You'll notice chubas from 4 different areas of Tibet. Eventually we found ourselves in front of the school fountain with the President and Party Chairman. Enjoy the joy of my students (and don't you love those mountains in the background?)





















 The Tibetans have a wonderful tradition of giving thin white cadahs at birthdays, weddings, arrivals, and graduations. I'm wearing 28- one each from every member of the senior class - I felt like a cross between a bride and Santa Claus....

No comments:

Post a Comment