Thursday, May 1, 2014

Easter in Tibet


  Easter 2014

Happy Fu Huo Jie!  Happy Resurrection Day!

Very few people know about Easter here, so there were no bunnies or elaborate chocolate eggs. But we still had fun!

I taught the Easter story to my classes, showing them how to use props to tell a story (they really understood the word "empty tomb" when the yellow and blue egg didn't have any candy in it!), but I didn't take photos.
The first few photos show my orphan kids dyeing Easter eggs and having fun. The next photos show the ELIC teachers enjoying Easter brunch, then dying pretty cool eggs (I learned all sorts of things about my team mates..) Jesse enjoyed finding eggs in a local park where we met some of Scott's T.U.'s students with some exquisite eggs. It was a warm, wonderful day. Happy Easter!











No comments:

Post a Comment